Saturday, March 7

78 Coupe Deville

For some reason that's what I think of when I made this batt on my drum carder, George, that's his name. Why you ask, its simple really. When hubby and I were first married we were going to by this car, a 78 Coupe Deville. Oh how I wanted that car, it was black with a sky blue interior. The seats were baby blue velour and the combo has always stuck in my mind. So when I was
playing with the fibers I had I made up this....Images are thumbnails and click able for close up.

It looks much more blue spun up than in the batt. And of course being a "Caddy" I added a bit of glitz to the batt. But just a bit, not to overdo it. So I made 1oz of this just to practice and use my drum carder and I think I need to make more. I have plenty of fiber, its some super wash I bought to practice spinning on and still have lots left. I think this needs to be a scarf for hubby.
Oh by the way we did not buy the car because my mechanic at the time said it needed work and was not sound. But I never found another one like it or forgot it!!! So here's my tribute to a most beautiful car that was never forgotten!!!

4 comments:

Elizzabetty said...

So pretty!!!

Tsarina of Tsocks said...

Awwww. That's a beautiful story (snif) - and it's certainly a gorgeous batt! A lovely tribute. Can't wait to see it.

Anonymous said...

Hey are you a professional journalist? This article is very well written, as compared to most other blogs i saw today….
anyhow thanks for the good read!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!