Tuesday, May 20

Now I see what all the fuss is about!!

So I bought some BFL, blue faced leicester that was hand dyed from flying fibers at MDSW. I just finally got around to spinning it and yes now I see what all the fuss is about. It spins like a dream and I just love the colors!! Also its as soft as can be. I was thinking socks, but now maybe some fancy scarf or shawlette!! The colors are just to wonderful to hide I think. But who knows, maybe socks. If anyone has any ideas please feel free to let me know. Its 4 oz and I am spinning very thin and will make it 2 ply. So I should get about 500yds I am thinking, maybe a bit more. Here are the colors, pretty neat huh? I am pretty sure these are clickable thumbnails to get a better look at the colors also.
I still have TONS of other fiber to spin up too, but this one just called to me. I have a pound of wool/silk that is going to be a sweater if I ever get to it. And I am doing my windowpane tank with the microfiber ribbon I bought from Tess yarns.
Hopefully I will be finished spinning this soon, then to ply it and see what it looks like!! So off to my wheel.

No comments: